Friday, September 13, 2013

Musical Fridays!

School is driving me insane and it's barely even started.  I come home from school and all I want to do is take a nap even though I've been sleeping 10 hours a night!!!! But then when I do sleep, I have discomforting stress dreams about the rest of this year.  College admissions, standardized tests, IAs for days. SENURS! I hate everything.

On a happier note, here are some songs I've been loving while procrastinating.

Acapella - Karmin
I was introduced to this song by a friend and I knew I had to own it after the first listening.  The female empowerment plus witty lines, like "Thought he was gluten free but all that I got was bread", make it the perfect song to bring up my mood. Plus I love the video.

The Silence - Bastille
Oh Bastille.  They are definitely my musical obsession right now. All I do is listen to their newly released album 'Bad Blood' on repeat.  I bought the album about a week ago and I've already listened to it 30 times through.  This song, a bonus track, is my favorite.

6AM - Fitz and the Tantrums
Fitz and the Tantrums are just fun.  My friend Brian said they sounded like modern 80s music that you just can't help but dance too.  The perfect blend of my mothers music and my own!

Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
It's a horrible video and has horrible sexist and makes rape okay but it's really catchy and I'm an awful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment