Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Creative Collective // Anything-Goes Art

This week's Creative Collective really pushed me out of my comfort zone.  The project was to gather random artifacts from around your house and compile them into something.  I found this task oddly difficult, I have taken many art classes in my life, but being artistic without a sense of direction has always been difficult.  This is probably why all my scribbles are either hearts or song lyrics!  Anyway, I find it extremely difficult to just sit down and create art.  For this reason, I put off this project until last Monday when I just sat down at my desk and decided I wasn't going to get up until I finished my piece of art.  With this determination, I grabbed a stack of index cards and made this:





While this may be headed to the trash can after I write this post, I am happy that I took the time to make it.  It forced me to think outside of the box and experiment with a new material, i.e. index cards.  I'm really enjoying these projects from the Creative Collective.  They're a nice break from the monotony of school work and routine in general!

The Creative Collective

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought about stacking index cards like that, so I would definitely say that you did an awesome job. I've enjoyed being pushed out of the box for some of these challenges, too!

    ReplyDelete