Friday, December 20, 2013

Musical Friday

It's been quite a while since I've written one of these posts and I'm loving some new songs.

Let It Go by Idina Menzel in Disney's Frozen
I recently saw this new Disney princess film with my friend Dana and loved it to bits.  I really like the direction Disney has been moving in with Tangled, Brave and now Frozen. Every time I listen to this song I get the shivers, in a good way!

R U Mine by Arctic Monkeys
I've had this album on repeat in my car for days and I've discovered that this song is my favorite.  I don't listen to the radio but I think Arctic Monkeys have been gaining some popularity in America which I think it really cool. I've been a pop music junkie all my life but it's really cool to see a more 'indie' style of music becoming the norm.  Plus Alex Turner's greaser look, yes please.

Of The Night by Bastille
I can't get over how much I love this band.  Usually I listen to an album on repeat until I hate it entirely but this has yet to happen with Bastille and I've been listening to them for about 6 months now.  They're re-releasing Bad Blood with extra songs in January and I can't wait!

Afraid by The Neighborhood
Almost everyone has listened to Sweater Weather but I prefer this song. Plus this video is amazing and raw.

No Church In The Wild by Kanye West
A slightly older song then the others but still just as good. I tend not to like rap but then beautiful songs like this one show up and I make me reconsider my world.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment