Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Birthday List: 17 Goals for 17 Years




I have never completed a New Year’s Resolution in my life, and, personally, I blame it on the cliché. Perhaps, if I retitle it and base it on a different holiday, I will finally find strength to complete my goals. I found the idea for my little list from the blog A Beautiful Mess.  They mentioned their own birthday lists and I thought it was a great take on the typical New Year’s tradition.  In Emma’s own words it is “a list of goals for the upcoming year that corresponds with our age”.  Therefore, because I'm 17, I'll have 17 goals. Though a little late, almost a month exactly, here's my birthday list!


1. Decorate my room so I love it

2. Grow out my hair

3. Bake from scratch

4. Take Ceramics all year

5. Declutter and buy less

6. Spend spare time on test prep books

7. Read a fatty cold war book

8. Take a picture everyday

9. Go camping

10. Eat more salad

11. Spend less time on the internet

12. Make Christmas Cards

13. Swim 

14. Stay Hydrated

15. Write in a Journal

16. Make Sushi

17. Use reusable bags

There are so many things that could be added to this list but I feel that these are the goals I need to be reminded of. I also wanted to make these goals specific and as completeable as possible. I always find it easier to do something if you know the exact requirements.  No wishy washy stuff like ‘Get Fit’.  I can’t wait to look back next year and see how many of these goals can claim fulfillment!  Do you have any resolutions this new year?  If you're still searching check out this generator.  It definitely inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment