1. He wasn't even Russian! Much like Hitler who was born in Austria, Joseph Stalin was born in Georgia a country south of Russia and above Armenia.
2. He studied to be a priest. Yes, Stalin the killer of two million Russians, was supposed to be a priest. It is thought that his time at the seminary he attended helped turn the boy to communism and rebellion. Weirdly, his seminary was attended my many of the Russian revolutionaries of that time.
3. He had webbed feet and was embarrassed by them.
5. He wrote poetry and it was good!
6. For most of his childhood, until he became enthralled in Marxism, he was top of his class.
8. He was only 5 foot 5 inches tall.
9. It is entirely probable that Stalin was a bastard.
It's hard to remember that historical figures were simply people like you and I, yet when you look deeper, they have weird stories and abnormalities that make them human. I think it's important to remember that they aren't gods, we have just as much potential as Plato and Queen Nefertiti and Shakespeare. As Harry says "Working hard is important, but there's something even more important: believing in yourself. Look at it this way: every great witch and wizard started out as nothing more than what we are now - students. If they can do it, why not us?"