Saturday, July 6, 2013

Local Sand Sculpture Festival


This past weekend I went to the annual local Sand Sculpture Festival with my parents.  I went in the early afternoon and was amazed by both the sculptures and the amount of people who showed up.  In my town, you're lucky if 10 people show up to an event, there were at least twenty times that number on the beach for the festival.  It was very shocking.  Usually one has the beach to themselves. However, it was a nice change. Here are my favorite sculptures! Beware, picture heavy.

Bathing Beauties
Some sort of Hippo? I have no idea but I love it.
Turtle
Creepy face but cute toddler.  It's really easy to take pictures of children that aren't yours....now I sound creepy
Huge Octopus.  There were actually a few of these but this one was by far the largest.
Amazing Catfish
Non-native Caterpillar.  All the plants used for decoration are invasive species.  
This was my dad's favorite. A dwarf in the side of a mountain
Just a sun chillin'
This one was HUGE! To me it looks like a cross between a rat and a whale but apparently it's a sturgeon.
This was the only sandcastle so it stands to reason that it is the most intricate and impressive sandcastle I've ever seen.



I can't wait to visit again next year and see all the new creations.  It may have taken us a few years to attend this event, but I'm really glad we stopped by this year.  If you know of a sculpture festival in your area, definitely try to check it out for a good dose of culture, think of it like an art show!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment