Sunday, August 18, 2013

6 Things You Should Know About Me


It may be slightly narcissistic but I like to answer questions about myself. It makes me think about who I am, how I became the way I am, and can alert me to things I want to change in myself.  I've seen this post floating through various blogs for about a week now and I figured that I would join in. I have spliced together 6 questions from 2 different bloggers (one, two) to answer in this post.

1. You're road tripping across America, what 3 cities, landmarks, or touristy sites do you have to see?
I thought this would be a difficult question but my three answers came quickly: Alcatraz, Trinity Bomb Site, and the National Mall in DC. Alcatraz has always been that place there is never enough time to explore when we are in San Francisco.  I can't wait to finally set foot on that island.  The Trinity Bomb Site is where the first atomic bomb was detonated and, even though it is now just a memorial obelisk, I would love to stand there.  Finally, I would love to revisit the National Mall in DC.  When I visited before I barely had time to stroll through the Air and Space Museum.  I'd love to go back and see everything the Smithsonian has to offer.


2. If money were no object what are 2 things you would buy yourself right now?
If money was not an issue, I would get myself a phone contract for an iPhone and a new car.  The iPhone is something I've wanted for a while and struggling through with knock-off blackberries is something I can't wait to put in my past.  My second choice would be a new car because there is a car in my family that is about to fall apart and it would be very nice to replace it and no longer worry about dying on the way to school.

3. How did your blog come about?
Back in 2011 I came across various book review blogs and, seeing all the books they received for review, I thought I would give blogging a shot myself. At that point, I was reading tons of young adult literature and constantly on the hunt for new books. Since then, I've left and come back on multiple occasions and right now I like the idea of using this blog to keep track of my life for myself, similar to an online diary.


4. One goal you would like to achieve before 2014?
I have many goals for these coming months but since most of them are necessary, for instance college applications, I would have to say that my one true goal is to get through these next 4 months and still be as happy and as excited about the future as I am today.  My goal is to get through the tough times ahead by making new memories with friends, when we have the time, and, above all, staying positive.

5. What hobby would you love to pick up?
Lately, this question has been on my mind quite a bit and I've slowly been changing what I want to do into what I do.  However, the list seems never-ending.  There is one hobby that, though I would love to get back into, there never seems to be time for; reading.  I rarely read outside of school anymore and I hate it.  I would love to start reading for pleasure again.


6. If you could tell the blog world one thing, what would it be?
I would like to tell the world that, in my experience, nothing is as as hard as it seems.  Yes, there may be a huge, overwhelming project lying in your to-do pile but if you make yourself chip away at it everyday, it quickly becomes as manageable as taking a shower everyday. 

If any of you reading this would like to answer some questions yourself, I officially tag you. Here are 10 questions from you to chose from! Leave a comment if you decide to write a blog post of your own!

1.  How did your blog come about?
2. What is your favorite movie and why do you love it so much? 
3. If you could know research in depth and gain deep knowledge about one subject which would you choose?
4. What were your favorite and least favorite novels you had to read for school?
5. When was the last time you truly felt a sense of belonging?
6. Favorite writing utensil?
7. Is this how you imagined your life would be?
8. What is your go-to outfit?
9. If you could have any magical item from any universe existent in a book or a movie, which would you choose?
10. What would be your dream job?

No comments:

Post a Comment