Saturday, August 3, 2013

Camping / /Richardson's Grove Edition


Just recently I spent 3 days camping with my father at a local site called Richardson's Grove in a national park.  I've been to this particular campground quite a few times and it's really nice.  Most of the campsites are within walking distance of a really warm river. Plus there are a few nice hikes around.  The river was actually nice and warm and I felt super good about completing a hike while I was there.

Redwoods are just so majestic. I'm so lucky to live in such a rare environment.
This is the hike we took.  It was only a mile long and thankfully we decided to take the steep trail first.  Always do the hard part first.
Studying for the ACT around a fire is much nicer than in my room.
A Beautiful Mess always has the greatest recipes and I finally got to try one out, Cajun Hobo Packets, they were really good.
Finally, the best thing about having a fire, being able to burn whatever you want.  We had an incomplete deck of cards with us and decided to burn them.  I found this in the ashes the next morning.

Camping is always a fun experience.  Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in another trip before the school year starts! What do you want to fit into your last month of summer?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment