Thursday, May 23, 2013

Education Sans School // 23


The reason I consider myself a Gryffindor and not a Ravenclaw is because I don't go out of my way gain intelligence   I'm not the kid reading up on astrophysics in my free time, I'd rather be out on the beach.  Therefore, much of my random knowledge is from either stumbleupon or movies.  I'm sure most of you know what stumbleupon is, so I'm going to talk about gaining knowledge from movies.

As humans, we learn by observing other people correct?  From infancy to our deathbed, this never stops.  We constantly look to others and observe what to do and what not to do with our own lives.  With the addition of movies and books, there is so much more to observe.  The viewer gains knowledge on what works and what doesn't every time they watch a movie.  This helps one form their own life to their own wishes.

Also, stories present information in a way that is easier to retain.  For example, if someone had simply told me that a T-Rex cannot see prey if the prey doesn't move, I wouldn't have retained that.  However, because of the plot relevance of that fact in Jurassic Park, anyone who has seen that movie will retain that knowledge.    I have also gained a lot of knowledge about the rapture, demons, Lucifer, Gabriel and God because of Supernatural!

I don't understand it when people say that "TV will rot your brain".  Yes, don't get stuck behind someone and not do anything, but they have the power to be just as powerful as a novel.


Another note, I saw Star Trek yesterday, guys see that movie.


 

Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment