Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Lot In Life // 16

I was going to write about how the internet is a soul sucking machine, but then I remembered something that has haunted me my entire life.  My dad is going to die.  I was born to a really old father and ever since I learned what death and age were, I've been terrified of him dying.  Its the one thing that consistently brings me to tears.  Right now my dad is 64 and I'm only 17.  I want him to meet my future husband and children and I don't know that he will. He's perfectly healthy, nothing is even close to wrong but that fear will never leave me and it's something I have to deal with. Most of the time I just forget about it, but today I easily beat him in a swimming race and it all came rushing back.  I really want to savor the moments I have with my parents and spend more time with them and maybe this thought won't be so detrimental.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment